Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FAITH TO BELIEVE




FAITH TO BELIEVE

I want to believe in babies
And the joy that they bring.
I want to believe in families
And a heart that can sing.

I want to believe in children
With an inquiring mind,
I want to believe in laughter
And all the joys you can find.

I want to believe in friendship
And souls that meet and touch.
I want to believe in dewdrops
Moonbeams, rainbows and such.

I want to believe in love,
Candles and romance.
I want to believe that people
Still give love a chance.

I want to believe in kindness
And the care for one another,
I want to believe in compassion
And caring for my brother.

I want to believe in tenderness
And a special gentle touch
I want to believe that if we try
We can change things very much.

In these days when the world is troubled
And peace is hard to find,
Lord give me the faith to believe
That people still are kind.

Give me a faith and gentleness
And a trust throughout my day
To know that my faith will sustain me
And that you will lead the way.

© Linda J. Vaughan

No comments: