Tuesday, May 17, 2011

WHIPPED CREAM CLOUDS



WHIPPED CREAM CLOUDS


Whipped-cream clouds danced across a stage of blue before an audience of oak.
A restless wind whispered my name.
I walked down the aisle of my life,
And I considered my fame.

A moss green velvet carpet was soft beneath my feet,
A scorching sun exposed my being,
A waterfall of teardrops
Were the things that I was seeing.

A silver tape of river moved the curtains of leaves
Of the willows in the water,
Who am I ?  I search amid the reeds
I am more than Wife and Mother – more than just a  daughter.

I danced on a stage of blue before an audience of oak,
The winds blew petals from the flowers,
In nature’s auditorium 
I danced away the hours.

Fields of gold, daisies, buttercups,
A place to lie down in soft summer grass.
The innocence of summer days
I knew would surely pass.

The carpet changed – autumn leaves in abundance
The blue now changed to pewter grey.
The seasons of life were changing
We had passed the noon of my day.

Whipped cream clouds danced across a stage of blue before an audience of oak.

© Linda J. Vaughan

No comments: