Sunday, July 15, 2012

MY MORNING



MY MORNING

I watched the dawn this morning
And felt some peace and calm,
I felt the velvet wings of morning
Shelter me from harm.

I listened to the quiet this morning
And found some sweet release,
I heard the birds’ first songs
And I felt the world at peace.

I watched the sunrise this morning
And saw an artist’s hand,
I saw the paint upon the canvas
And the way that it is planned.

I saw the dew upon the rose this morning
And walked on dew kissed grass,
I knew these early morning delights
Would very quickly pass.

I offered up my thanks this morning
From a heart that knows some fears,
I experienced the miracle of morning
And quietly wiped away my tears.

I watched the dawn this morning
And saw so many things
I gathered strength this morning
For whatever my day brings.


© Linda J. Vaughan

No comments: