Tuesday, March 29, 2011

LOVING HIM






LOVING HIM


He came to me in the evening
And sat down and took my hand,
He looked into my eyes and smiled
And I somehow thought it grand.

He touched my cheek and held me
He nestled in and sat quite near,
I touched his lips and told him
That he was very dear.

We hugged each other and we laughed
It was a time set quite apart.
I told him that he would always
Have a place within my heart.

I felt blessed and really special
To share a love so dear.
And I saw love returned to me
In those lovely eyes so clear.

This time was ours and they were cherished 
The moments that we shared.
I hugged and held him close to me
And told him that I cared.

It was a very special time for us
And I wiped away my tears,
And told him how much I loved him 
This boy of three tender years.

Gone is the baby that I held and nurtured
And left in his place is a lovely little boy,
Who has filled my fragile heart
With memories and very special joy.

 ©Linda J. Vaughan
May 2006

No comments: