Monday, May 30, 2011

THE ART OF MORNING




"If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me and thy right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139: 9, 10


THE ART OF MORNING

I have been awake since early
As sleep eluded me,
So I got up and settled here
And made a cup of tea.

Too early for the paper
Or to phone a friend to talk.
Too early for so many things,
Too early for a walk.

I felt the cool of morning,
Saw the waking of the world
I saw the glory of the sunrise ~
Morning’s flag gently unfurled.

I heard the chorus of the birds
As they woke so rested.
Saw the flutter of a leaf
On a tree where they had nested.

I listened to the waking world
On a day so fresh and new.
I saw the orange wisp of clouds
On a sky now faintly blue.

I saw this new beginning
And felt blessed to be a part
Of this very special showing
Of Mother Nature’s art.

© Linda J. Vaughan
2011

No comments: