Sunday, September 4, 2011

MY FATHER - BY EDWARD'S GIRL


EDWARD’S GIRL

Memory is often kind
And my heart remembers  well
The little things you said and did,
The funny tales you’d tell.

There are so many things
Which bring you close to mind ~
A song you used to sing
And something that I find.

The quiet space, the silence,
That empty lonely chair
All these things remind me
That your are no longer here.

A piece of music oft remembered
Which stirs the heart when heard,
I just hope you really knew
How very much I cared.

I knew that I would miss you ~
Your proud and stubborn ways,
Your arguments and banter
Brought interest to my days.

I miss you very often
When life gets in a whirl
But I am very pleased indeed
That I was Edward’s girl.

© Linda J. Vaughan
October 3rd. 2003




No comments: