Sunday, November 13, 2011

THE JOY IS IN THE JOURNEY





THE JOY IS IN THE JOURNEY

No matter where we go in life
No matter what we do,
There comes a time to stop
And take in all the view.

It doesn't matter how rough the road,
How busy the people we meet,
There is always some joy to be found
As we travel down our street.

There are those who have not time to stop
As we travel on our way
But there are others who will pause
And joy bring to our day.

Life is not a destination
But a journey that we make
Enriched by a shared story
Leaving kindness in it's wake.

There is beauty all around us
If only we take time to see
Beauty in a flower, a beach
A baby on our knee.

Take time to smell the roses,
To laugh and sing and dance
Time to care for one another
While we still have the chance.

Come with me and travel far
Take my hand and wipe my tears
Sharing joys and sorrows will help
To chase away our fears.

The joy is in the journey
Be equal to the task,
Help me with my struggle
Is all that I would ask.

© Linda J. Vaughan
13th. November 2011

No comments: