Wednesday, January 4, 2012

ALLITERATION - I love words - an acrostic poem using the word LITERARY

LITERARY 

My tribute to World Poetry Day 2007


Lyrical and lilting,
Lovely and long.
Word bring such joy
To my daily sweet song.

Impulsive, Impartial,
Idyllic and interesting.
Words help me fly
With joy on my wing.

Taunting and teasing,
Tender and true,
Words help me say
My heart thoughts to you.

Eternal, enduring,
Ethereal and echoing.
Words help me say
The message I bring.

Roses and romance,
Remembering a ring,
These are the memories
Words often bring.

Amazing and awesome,
Adamant and aged.
Words written down
Bring life to my page.

Reckless and ruined
Ruthless and rain,
Word bring me comfort
On days filled with pain,

Yielding and yearning,
Yellow and yours,
Words are like flowers
Left at my doors.
  
© Linda J. Vaughan

30th. March 2007 

1 comment:

Carole said...

Nice blog. As a lover of words you might be interested in the word play involved in cryptic crosswords. I am doing a series of posts on solving cryptic clues. This was the first one I did. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html Hope you enjoy.