Tuesday, September 17, 2013

LITTLE GIRLS TO WOMEN


LITTLE GIRLS TO WOMEN

I’ve watched you play beside the sea,
Splash in the water and play in the sand,
I’ve watched you grow from girl to woman,
And I have held your hand.
I have seen you run, jump and skip
And play upon the sand.
I have watched you splash the water
With the wind blowing your hair,
I hear your laughter and it brings to mind
How very much I care.

Now when you walk beside the sea
It is another hand you hold.
I hear your laughter once again
Bringing warmth to days of cold.
I gave you roots to anchor you
And wings for you to fly,
I rejoice and wish you happiness
But sometimes sit and sigh.

I know that you still need me
But in different ways for sure
I see you take responsibility
And I couldn’t love you more.
I see you walking different paths
With steps that are strong and sure
My life is very different
From what it was before.

I see the tender smiles you give
To the ones who hold your hand
I hear your laughter ringing
It is, as it was planned.
I see you walk together
And watch your warm embrace
I see the love light dancing
On your sweet and lovely face.

© Linda J. Vaughan
17th. February 2012

No comments: