Sunday, March 23, 2014

THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD




THE FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD


It is autumn in Australia
And shadows are getting longer,
There is a freshness in the air
And somehow I feel stronger.

Gone is the endless blistering heat
Which saps our energy so.
Instead we have warm days
And cooler breezes blow.

We’ve picked the fruit from laden trees
And crops have been gathered in.
The vintage has come and once more we see
Grapes in many a bin.

We relish the colours of autumn leaves
Grey skies and an early evening fire.
Hot chocolate on a rainy night –
Of that I shall never tire.

But on your side of the world
There is the very first hint of green,
A hyacinth, a crocus and a daffodil ~
The prettiest sight you have seen.

For winter is leaving your land and heart
And I know that brings you pleasure
I wish you a springtime of golden joys
With happy memories to treasure.

I wish you a summer of contented days
With blue skies and meals in the sun
I wish you happiness always
Until your race is run.
  
© Linda J, V aughan 

No comments: