Friday, November 4, 2011

MY UNKNOWN FRIEND



MY UNKNOWN FRIEND

Some time in each and every day
No matter what I say or do,
There comes that quiet moment
When my thoughts turn to you.

I never ever met you
And yet I know you well,
Your courage and your kindness
In spite of the fate you befell.

Your family must have loved you dearly,
For they allowed your wishes to be
They stepped forward and signed the papers
And you gave the gift of life to me.

At a time when their hearts were breaking
They heeded your clear request,
Part of you was implanted in me
What a wonderful bequest.
  
A part of you lives on in me
And allows me to see the sun.
I celebrate the new life I have
And see it as a battle won.

I find new joy in little things ~
The beauty all around,
The sun, the moon the autumn leaves,
The friendships I have found.

The days move on and I cherish so much
And no matter where or what I do,
There comes that quiet moment
When my thoughts turn to you.

© Linda J. Vaughan
Sunday August 8th. 2010


I am the grateful recipient of a liver donated to me by a very generous family to honour their very special man.  I live because of my liver donor.

No comments: