Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MY DADDY'S IN THE MILITARY



FOR MY DADDY

My Daddy is in the Military
And he is far away,
I know my Mommy misses him
I see it every day.

I miss my Daddy too you see
For I am very small,
I need his hands to help me grow
And to help me stand up tall.

Although I am very little,
I miss the games we would play,
Bathtime, bedtime and any other time
In his very busy day.

I see the tears in Mommy’s eyes
The ones she tries to hide,
She takes my photo often,
And sends it to him with pride.

I know she needs my Daddy
To help her care for me,
And I really miss my Daddy –
I miss sitting on his knee.

There are lots of other Daddies
And lots of girls and boys
Who wait to be together
To play with all those toys.

But this Daddy is a special one
Because he’s mine you see,
And I know that somewhere far away
He also misses me.

He watches me on the computer
And I can see him too,
I put my hands out to him
And we play “Peek A Boo”.

He’s counting the days until he’s home
And holding us again,
Then we can share the laughter
Like sunshine after rain.

© Linda J. Vaughan

February 2006

Written for Avery Ryan Buchanan Jordan

No comments: