Tuesday, January 20, 2015

MEMORIES OF MY CHILDHOOD DAYS WITH MY FATHER





MEMORIES OF MY CHILDHOOD DAYS WITH MY FATHER


I remember my childhood days
And the handsome man who stood tall,
At least he always seemed that way
When I was young and small.

He gave me love and laughter
And taught me so many things,
The love of the ocean and poetry
And the joy that reading brings.

We rode our bikes together
Along the lines of the shore.
He taught me the love of words ~
He taught me so much more.

A sense of love and justice,
Pride in work well done.
He taught me to discuss and debate ~
To watch the setting sun.

He taught me to value good food,
Cooking with him was a lesson too
There is so much of him in my life
In everything I do.

He took me shopping and gave me gifts ~
Showed me life in its fullest measure.
His journey is over and I am left
With memories to treasure.

I feel his presence in my life
In the simple everyday things
A piece of music, a newspaper folded
And the joy his memory brings.


© Linda J. Vaughan

No comments: